Let’s get ready to party!!
We are celebrating 4 years of God’s faithfulness this Sunday and we’re encouraging our church to come out in force to say THANK YOU for all He has done.
Milestones are significant, they give us perspective, and remind us of how far we have come.
We believe the best days are ahead for our church and all our lives, so let’s gather with thankful hearts, sing, laugh, (maybe even dance!!??) and declare together I love my city, I love my God & #ilovemychurch.
We are honored to have our good friend Ps. Rohan Dredge speaking at our 4th year celebrations. Rohan leads thriving church in Melbourne and is a gifted and powerful communicator! We also have the Tembaletu Children’s Choir joining us and many other surprises… Plus, a special presentation that highlights our journey so far!! (You don’t want to miss ANY of it!)
Check out what’s coming up in church life…
1. ENCOUNTER YOUTH CONFERENCE
Century City Campus
For everyone ages 12 – 25+
Encounter is all about experiencing God and connecting with Him so if you are 12 – 25+, do everything you can to be there! And if you are a parent or know anyone in that age group, make sure you help them to get there! JD from Hillsong UN1T3D will be joining us and he is excited to see every life encounter Jesus and be forever changed. Other guests include “The Arrows” + more… To find out more, to register or to sponsor a young person to come to Encounter, click here or drop by our conference desk on Sunday.
2. HEART & SOUL NIGHT
Tuesday 24 July
Century City Campus
Mark this date in your diary and let’s look forward with expectation as we gather together to hear from Phil & Lucinda about the plans and strategies of moving church forward together. This night is for all leaders, volunteers and anyone who would like to be more involved with church. All are welcome!
3. NEXT SUNDAY — SPECIAL GUEST : PAUL GEERLING
Sunday 1 July
We are honoured to have Ps. Paul Geerling – Senior Pastor of Metro Church Brisbane with us next Sunday. Paul has a prophetic edge to his ministry and a desire to see people come into a greater and more intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, we are excited to hear from him.
4. Job Opportunity at Hillsong Church Cape Town
Role: Catering Manager
Salary: To be discussed
- Discuss with the chefs to prepare menu;
- Recruiting employees and training them about the job;
- Organizing and assigning duties to catering staffs;
- Developing working schedule for shifts of employees;
- Ensuring the strict quality control and compliance with safety & hygiene regulations and standards, especially in relation to food & beverage;
- Preparing and maintaining budget while ensuring the accomplishment of targets;
- Maintaining financial records & managing payroll for employees and evaluating their performance
- Maintaining the food & beverage stock and ensuring new supply if necessary.
Experience & qualifications:
· Matric/ Grade 12 Certificate
· Must have a valid drivers and own vehicle
· Food and beverage tertiary qualification would be advantageous
· Must be computer literate and proficient in all Microsoft Office programs and Point of Sales Systems
· Minimum 3 years managerial experience in the restaurant or hospitality industry
· Solid experience in handling large groups of individuals
· Must have experience working with cash and balancing floats and cash ups
· Experienced in effective stock management ordering of stock and stock control
· Experienced in Management of kitchen and restaurant staff – leave, rosters, training, etc.
· Must be customer orientated by liaising with clients to ensure excellent customer satisfaction
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to deal with a variety of people in a customer orientated, friendly manner
· Must be prepared to work flexible hours (evenings) when required
CVs to be sent to email@example.com & received no later than 7 July.
See you in church this Sunday, it won’t be the same without YOU (especially when we are celebrating YOUR birthday & OUR birthday together!!)
Love and God Bless,
Phil & Lucinda Dooley